Thursday, October 18, 2012

Denim on Denim


(Bargain denim skirt <that I altered for my size 2 years ago>, bargain red & blue top from Uzice, Guess denim sleeveless jacket and Mossimo lowcut boots, and bracelets from Turkey)

Denims are always in fashion. I used to live in them, perhaps was slightly obsessed with them, until I discovered skirts and dresses. All my friends, including myself owned dozens of Levi's and Guess jeans back when we were teens. Really, we all did. I am no hipster but I think it's the coolest piece of clothing one can have! It's one of those things that you will wear not because they are in style, but because you are so comfy with it. Agree?

Denim on denim is quite tricky,  but the great thing about fashion these days is that anything goes as long it suits you. And on a regular sunny fall day like today, a double denim look won't look as bad. To create a neutral look, I decided to pair it with my red and blue 3/4 top, that I scored for around 5 euros here in Uzice 2 summers ago. The Mossimo boots, the boots that stayed with me all these time despite all the seasonal changes, I purchased in Belize also for 5 euros. 

Denim on denim-- not the most fashionable, 
but could be a playful mix.

HOW about YOU? What do you add to make your denim look fresh?




Pozdrav,


WRITE ME
diana.m.vidic@gmail.com





 

2 comments:

  1. Agree! Pairing denim with denim can be tricky and one thing I learned is mixing different color washes just like what you did :)
    I made a similar post too back in Feb http://www.blah-blah-blogger.com/2012/02/ootd-denim-on-denim.html hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, just read your entry, i think now i remember that i read it before :) love the top you're wearing... actually, i just pulled that combo from my closet and decided to blog about it..

    ReplyDelete